Updated: October 2014
The applicant must:
1. Be a member in good standing of one of the six Lutheran Churches in LSSL and be approved by the church council and pastor.
2. Make their own application to LSSL through their church
3. Have been out of secondary school for a period of at least three (3) years
4. Be eligible for enrolment into an accredited school for higher education. The scholarship will be conditional upon acceptance by a school in Canada
5. Want to upgrade their education level for employment status or new employment
Lutheran Social Services:
1. Have available each year $12,000 to accommodate this program on a year to year basis.
2. Administer this fund through individual Lutheran churches to their members.
3. Accept appropriate applications from the membership of the six Lutheran churches
4. Will support eligible applications in their educational program through their church for a period of up to four years.
5. Requests will be accepted once a year by no later than April 30th for the following academic year.
6. The money will be divided up according to the number of requests, the cost of tuition and books and the number of courses applied for or to be taken.
7. Will not pay for courses taken a second time because of failure or wish to upgrade or any other reason.
8. In each situation the Board’s decision will be final.
Posted by: Lutheran Social Services (London)